KNotificationItem class name is confusing

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Wed Oct 28 15:00:45 GMT 2009

Am Wednesday 28 October 2009 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> I like it, but it's a bit long. Maybe "Persistent" could be removed?
> KWorkspaceStatusItem sounds better to me.

Afaiu this does not entirely describe neither the element nor the protocol,
mainly as it also provides input communication (interaction)

Though this might not sound serious or complex enough, my /personal/
preference would still be :
	KApplicationOutpost & KSystemOutpost
or (if the names sound too military)
	KApplicationEmbassy & KSystemEmbassy

Where KApplication* is a app specific subclass of the more generic KSystem*

Rational:
- outside the core
- you can have many
- acts as contact to external forces
- generic enough to cover input/output
   ° gathers information
   ° acts (speaks) as the cores representative

Regards,
Thomas