kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 01:24:35 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 18:18:27 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 October 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i ask because there is now a QGraphicsWebView included with QtWebkit
> > which Plasma eventually will be using instead of our own
> > QWebPage-behind-a- QGraphicsWidget implementation that we currently use;
> > being able to set the KWebPage on a QGraphicsWebView and get everything,
> > including KWallet integration, would be optimal.
>
> I think the dilemma for kdewebkit is that they are moving
>  "konqueror-specific" stuff to the kpart. The question is when something is
>  KDE specific and when something is Konqueror specific. I am not sure there
>  is a difference, but I am not doing the coding, so I am just commenting
>  and observing.

There is a big difference between providing integration with KDE technologies
such as KIO and a single KDE application, namely Konqueror. It is easy for
people, including KDE developers, to simply confuse KDE wide configuration as
being Konqueror specific because frankly that is probably the only place where
they encountered these options. Things like the cookiejar and user-agent
configurations come to mind. Anyhow, kdewebkit does not and will not depend on
any settings that are specific to a single application.

> For plasma I think you need to ask yourself, what do you wish to share with
> konqueror's current features, and make sure it is integrated in kdewebkit
>  and not in the webkitpart.

There is no need for that at all. Integration with KWallet will be provided in
kdewebkit at some point in the future...