kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Oct 27 22:18:27 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i ask because there is now a QGraphicsWebView included with QtWebkit which
> Plasma eventually will be using instead of our own QWebPage-behind-a-
> QGraphicsWidget implementation that we currently use; being able to set the
> KWebPage on a QGraphicsWebView and get everything, including KWallet
> integration, would be optimal.

I think the dilemma for kdewebkit is that they are moving "konqueror-specific"
stuff to the kpart. The question is when something is KDE specific and when
something is Konqueror specific. I am not sure there is a difference, but I am
not doing the coding, so I am just commenting and observing.

For plasma I think you need to ask yourself, what do you wish to share with
konqueror's current features, and make sure it is integrated in kdewebkit and
not in the webkitpart.

`Allan