kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:10:45 GMT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Urs Wolfer va escriure:
>> On Sunday 25 October 2009 20:31:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> > A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Urs Wolfer va escriure:

>> > What's the use case of this?
>>
>> Many distributions create packages for the WebKit KPart. That's why I do
>>  not want to depenend on kdelibs trunk and kdereview parts. It would only
>>  introduce additional complexity.
>
> That's not what i asked, what i asked is why this code should go to kdelibs,
> what does it give over the technologies we already have there?

the most important thing is to have something that people would use.
right now even most of kde developers are using firefox, because there
are many many sites that with khtml simply won't work.
with webkit one can hope that site creators will test the site on some
variant of it, with khtml we will be always condemned to chase them
and unbreak khtml only after the damage is done.
it's sad, it's unfair, but that's life.

> Albert
>

>> Bye
>> urs