kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Oct 26 18:41:23 GMT 2009

A Dilluns, 26 d'octubre de 2009, Marco Martin va escriure:
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Urs Wolfer va escriure:

> >> Many distributions create packages for the WebKit KPart. That's why I do
> >>  not want to depenend on kdelibs trunk and kdereview parts. It would
> >> only introduce additional complexity.
> >
> > That's not what i asked, what i asked is why this code should go to
> > kdelibs, what does it give over the technologies we already have there?
>
> the most important thing is to have something that people would use.
> right now even most of kde developers are using firefox, because there
> are many many sites that with khtml simply won't work.
> with webkit one can hope that site creators will test the site on some
> variant of it, with khtml we will be always condemned to chase them
> and unbreak khtml only after the damage is done.

Talk to anyone that understands how webkit works and will tell you that the
mythical bug-for-bug "feature" with safari/chrome does not exist, so basically
you end up using webkit-qt instead of khtml and having the same problems of
using a very minor browser noone tests against.

Albert