kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Oct 25 21:02:52 GMT 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009 21:08:13 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> kdelibs has KHTML, we don't need webkit at all.

That differs quite a bit from reality. There is a number of apps already using
webkit, tighter integration of these parts with the rest of KDE (network-specific
settings for example) is needed.

> The problem is that Nokians agenda is kill KHTML in favor of QtWebkit.

You're oversimplifying things that are much more complex to begin with. Can we keep
discussion on this list less polarizing, please? It doesn't help anybody.

> I only want to remind you the fiasco (Can't print in okular. can't do
>  poster  printing. why i can't print only odd pages?) of the killing of
>  KDEPrint by forcing QPrinter on us that never got fixed and we are still
>  suffering the consequences by asking us to rewrite what we already had
>  working.

I understand that this situation sucked, but it also totally does not relate to this
discussion at hand. Nobody is talking about killing anything. Back ontopic, please.
--
sebas