Bespin

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Mon Oct 5 23:06:47 BST 2009

Am Monday 05 October 2009 schrieb Benjamin Meyer:
> release and the fixes to appear.  I think the only major one left is
> not oxygen related, but the fact that distros are unlinking kio from
> oxygen so the file dialog is no longer the kde one, but the qt one. :\
>
> -Benjamin Meyer

/OT
While at it, i've a problem with arora and the file dilog myself:

As Bespin doesn't link KDE/kio, i detect the environment and call kdialog or
zenity in case. (QProcess::exec(), ::waitForFinished())

This works ok everywhere and in arora, UNLESS I zoom an image (i.e. click it so
it gets scaled to 100%)

From now on, the /kdialog/ processes for this arora process (any, no matter
what i save or whether i closed the offending tab) seem to be blocked, but the
CPU stays cold.

Having the app enter a modal state has no impact on this, i tried killing all
events on the QProcess (i.e. install a dumb return true event filter) without
luck.

Most interestingly, zenity doesn't care at all...

Any idea what could happen inside arora (or WebKit) that could cause
interference with QProcess and or kio? (i already tried calling kdialog with
the cde style, doesn't help ;-)

Thomas