Bespin

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Oct 5 20:58:33 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 20:29, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at web.de> wrote:
> What I want to say is:
> right now i'm not aware of any bug or even just flaw related to these
> modifications (and i /do/ get bug reports à la "Works in Oxygen") and i feel
> rather unpleasant with taking this away from end users without any knowledge
> about any trouble caused by exactly this.
>
> See: /I/ would have to explain this, and the "I was asked by amarok guys &
> girls" answer would be pretty weak and in doubt Amarok could then get mean
> postings on /this/.

It's actually a pretty good answer imho ;-) We're ready for the
beating we get for that. Send them all my way. I'll take care of it
and be the bad girl for taking away their toys for a while.

> So please help me to create a picture on the issue beyond "we don't like it" -
> what can understand, but fear to be unable to sell to the Bespin users. :-\

Add some "We want all Amarok users to benefit from the improvements
Bespin brought. To do this we need to remove them from Bespin now
though to rebuild them in Amarok properly." and you should be good to
go.

Cheers
Lydia

--