Bespin

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Oct 5 17:42:41 BST 2009

On 10/05/2009 05:08 PM, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> The context view toggle is allready redundant and no more applied to recent
> versions, but please understand that if I remove everything now and w/o any
> counterwork on Amarok, /I/ will very likely get a lot of regression bug
> reports very soon :-(

Thomas, please understand that the shared space to do de-
velopment on Amarok is the Amarok project. Interface chan-
ges in Amarok should be done within the system, working
with other Amarok developers (and that means compromising
on disagreements), not behind their back -- that's like
forking the app without changing the name, and causes
bug reports to be sent to the wrong place. I think the
Amarok developers are right to be unhappy with that si-
tuation.

On a technical level, the widget style hacking an app's
UI is a brittle approach, because the app and the style
will inevitably become out of sync and problems ensue as
they have here. IMHO you shouldn't have added them in the
first place, and I think you should bite the bullet here
and remove them, even if it causes regression bug reports
for you.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein