KSortFilterProxyModel

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Sun Nov 29 23:44:37 GMT 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 00:18:46 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I haven't seen any support for the idea of moving it out of kdelibs despite
> the incompleteness. So unless someone else tries the testcase and agrees
> that the class is incomplete I'll just let it slide in too if that's the
> consensus.

We are not in API freeze yet, so you can still change new API when this is
required to fix bugs. If you think your class is not ready to be made public
for 4.4, you can disable it for now until 4.5 (by not installing its headers
and documentation). This is inconvenient for any developer that already wants
to depend on the class, but better than maintaining a "broken by design" class
forever.

The Release Schedule doesn't mention when API freeze is, but for the beta1
"Binary compatibility for new API is not yet required".

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)