KSortFilterProxyModel

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 02:11:02 GMT 2009

2009/11/29 Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de>:
> On Monday 30 November 2009 00:18:46 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> I haven't seen any support for the idea of moving it out of kdelibs despite
>> the incompleteness. So unless someone else tries the testcase and agrees
>> that the class is incomplete I'll just let it slide in too if that's the
>> consensus.
>
> We are not in API freeze yet, so you can still change new API when this is
> required to fix bugs. If you think your class is not ready to be made public
> for 4.4, you can disable it for now until 4.5 (by not installing its headers
> and documentation). This is inconvenient for any developer that already wants
> to depend on the class, but better than maintaining a "broken by design" class
> forever.

+1.  I like Stephen's proposal of replacing KSortFilterProxyModel, if
we can find someone to spend a few minutes moving things about etc.
Everytime I do something like this, I break kdelibs, so I'd prefer
someone experienced did it :-D

I'd like to find a bit of time to look over the new version - in
particular to benchmark it.  It seems to be very easy to end up with
an O(n^2) filter or worse.

John