KSortFilterProxyModel

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 23:18:46 GMT 2009

Stephen Kelly wrote:
> My suggestion is putting a copy of KSortFilterProxyModel in the two places
> in kdebase that it is used, and then using the KRecursiveFilterProxyModel
> when it is stable in 4.5.
>
> I can't build KDE today (hence the qt testcase), so I would prefer if
> someone else could do the move/copy so I don't break things.
>
> John could you do that?

So, it looks like this didn't happen, which means that it will likely be in
the beta. Do we really want to make this public API in 4.4?

If not I can move it tomorrow, but I don't really want to be a lone cowboy
in doing it.

I haven't seen any support for the idea of moving it out of kdelibs despite
the incompleteness. So unless someone else tries the testcase and agrees
that the class is incomplete I'll just let it slide in too if that's the
consensus.

All the best,

Steve.