[Sebastian, Will, Alexander] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 17 20:30:38 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> On Friday 13 November 2009 20:18:56 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > That's just a work-around, not the correct solution.
> > >
> > > If it's apackage which is required for building but missing, a cmake
> > > check needs to be added.
> >
> > So that trig is some parser for something, and it should come from some
> >  other package.
> > Which one ?
> > Is there already a check for that package when soprano is built in
> > kdesupport ?
> > Should we check for that package also in FindSoprano.cmake ?
> > Or should/could soprano install a cmake script which contains that
> >  information it discovered at its buildtime ?
> >
> > I'd really like to have some input on this, kdelibs is not building for
> > me since the nepomuk query API has been added to kdelibs.
>
> the trig parser in question is a Soprano plugin which uses libraptor.
> FindSoprano.cmake already looks for installed plugins. Thus, a cmake check
> for the soprano_raptorparser should be enough.

It seems it's still not good enough.

Now we get errors in users of kdelibs, e.g. kdebase:
http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=38053
I guess in kdelibs also Nepomuk/Query/Result should not be installed if
nepomuk/result.h is not installed.
And kdebase needs to check for this.

Then something fails in kdenetwork:
http://my.cdash.org/viewConfigure.php?buildid=38060

And the errors in kdepim are also nepomuk-related, not sure it's also the
ontology stuff:
http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=38069
http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=38056

(these builds are currently provided by me and Volker Krause, if you want to
contribute, drop me a mail, I'll let you know the details, I still have to
document it on techbase).

Alex