[Sebastian, Will, Alexander] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Nov 13 19:18:56 GMT 2009

On Friday 13 November 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 13 November 2009, Abhinav Chaturvedi wrote:
> > Sebastian and Will,
> > Thanks for your help thus far with the 'trig' issue. I will try Will's
> > suggestion by recompiling
> > KDE-4.3. If I run into any new problem, I know whom all to ask.
> >
> > Alexander: I got the following message from Will yesterday. I am not
> > compiling on a Mac, however.
> > But see if the following works for you.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Abhinav.

> > A good trick for getting the build dependencies for building KDE trunk
> > modules
>
> That's just a work-around, not the correct solution.
>
> If it's apackage which is required for building but missing, a cmake check
> needs to be added.

So that trig is some parser for something, and it should come from some other
package.
Which one ?
Is there already a check for that package when soprano is built in
kdesupport ?
Should we check for that package also in FindSoprano.cmake ?
Or should/could soprano install a cmake script which contains that information
it discovered at its buildtime ?

I'd really like to have some input on this, kdelibs is not building for me
since the nepomuk query API has been added to kdelibs.

Alex