kubuntu patches to kdelibs

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 12 15:11:33 GMT 2009

In the interests of distro/upstream cooperation here's a quick review
of the patches Kubuntu makes to kdelibs.

Kubuntu carries several patches to kdelibs.  Most of these are
backports from 4.4 or for our translation support.

kubuntu_06_user_disk_mounting adds the ability to mount hard disks
from dolphin.  I remember speaking to ervin before about it and he
wasn't too happy with the approach.  I'm not sure how other distros do
the same (assuming they need it) or what a better approach would be.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekubuntu-members/kdelibs/ubuntu/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches/kubuntu_06_user_disk_mounting.diff

kubuntu_68_remove_applet_confirmation and
kubuntu_14_no_indent_kickoff_subtext I'll send to the plasma list.

kubuntu_80_kaction_qt_keys.diff adds support for some extra keyboard
keys.  This also needs a patch to qt so isn't suitable for upstream
currently.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ekubuntu-members/kdelibs/ubuntu/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches/kubuntu_80_kaction_qt_keys.diff

Full list at
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/LucidPatchReview