Moving mediawiki runner to kdereview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 19:55:56 GMT 2009

I've just moved a runner that searches in Mediawikis to kdereview, for inclusion
in 4.4.

The runner can search in arbitrary mediawikis, you need to specify which mediawiki to
search in its .desktop file. (If you want to add search for another mediawiki, just
add a .desktop file for it, and you'll be fine).

A line such as X-Plasma-Args=http://techbase.kde.org/api.php tells the runner where
to query, this differs per mediawiki instance and is the only needed configuration
option (other than name, comment and icon, of course).

I've currently added support for techbase and wikipedia, it's of course trivial to do
more. There's also a .desktop file for userbase, which doesn't work (probably
userbase's XML api is disabled).

The mediawiki runner has been written by Richard Moore and me and is (hopefully) one
of the first pieces of Project Silk going into KDE.

Please let me know if there's anything wrong with it, or where you see room for
improvement and I'll address it.
--
sebas