Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 09:44:43 GMT 2009

2009/11/12 Tom Albers <toma at kde.org>:
> There are some elements in JIRA that I very much like and would welcome within KDE, but I do consider it being closed source as a show stopper. Not particulary the free as in free beer - I think a good bugtracker/development tool is worth some money, but more the fact that we would not be able to modify its source code. It would be nice and helpful if we would be able to change it, modify language files if it has those or have the ability to add a reporting wizard - as we have currently.

Understandable, Toma. A couple of points though: JIRA is fully
accessibly, which means being able to write plugins for all sorts of
things (including comprehensive reporting) [0]. JIRA comes already
with a number of translations and more can be added [1].

[0] https://plugins.atlassian.com/search/category/56
[1] http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Translating+JIRA

--
Seb Ruiz