Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Nov 5 12:57:38 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Wednesday 04 November 2009, Diego Iastrubni a écrit :
> > making a KMainWindow, from a QMainWindow should be difficult.
However,
> > one of the most missing features for me in QToolBars are the icon/text
> > settings and the lock toolbars command.
> >
> > I am just thinking aloud: how hard can this be?
>
> Regarding the icon/text settings in a QToolBar:
> - The default icon size is read from the KDE config for the default KDE
>  icon size in toolba
> - The default text position is read from the KDE config if using
> Qt::ToolButtonFollowStyle  as QToolBar::toolButtonStyle  (new in 4.6, we
>  could not make it the default because it was a too huge behaviour change)
>
> There is currently no plan to support being able to edit QToolBar as KDE
>  does.

I don't think this was about the default settings or kedittoolbar, but about
the RMB popupmenu that allows to change the icon/text settings.
But even though that's a KToolBar feature that QToolBar doesn't have
currently, it's not really a "KDE integration" feature, is it? Well, a bit
more consistency with kde apps, but not fully, even in the topic of toolbars
(no xmlgui -> no toolbar editing). Not sure the RMB popup is worth the effort.