Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Fri Nov 6 14:41:10 GMT 2009

Hi Olivier,

Why are you thinking about code duplication? Since KDE was started, we used
Qt, and many times we say some missing parts in Qt, and we wrote them. In the
last few years some code started migrating back "downstairs" to Qt (phonon,
WebKit, lets say also "plastique" even though I am not exactly right).

What concerns me about your response is that even if you duplicate KDE's
behavior in pure Qt applications, KDE will not drop those classes, and my
computer will get infected with code duplication. My real question was not
about imitating KDE's look and feel in Qt applications, but about giving Qt
the ability for KDE to inject some of it's code to live Qt applications.

I mean, the code is already written, all we need in theory, is some glue.