Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Nov 4 04:18:20 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 06:48:02 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:17 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure which of these are actually possible with bugzilla.
>
> Which brings us to the next point: Bugzilla is just not very good, to
> say the least. Some of us would love to migrate to a different system,
> and in fact we have tentatively started evaluating other options.

Bugzilla, or our customizations of it, or the fact that we used such an old
version for so long that we don't really know what features Bugzilla has
anymore? Does every single bugzilla install that you've ever used suck?

A more concrete definition of "not very good" would be handy, especially if
it's our customizations that are making it worse. If our customizations suck,
then let's change them.

> Nokia is now using the JIRA [1] bug tracking system for Qt. I'm
> personally very interested in that, as I know first hand that
> Atlassian makes excellent software. However, JIRA is only
> free-as-in-beer, and I can see how that would make certain people go
> mental.

Well, we can at least host our own instance of it, which means that if we move
off of it onto something else that we should be able to get to our data, which
I think is the bigger concern over being "free-as-in-beer". At least, that's
how I feel about it.

--
Matt