Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Wed Nov 4 09:04:19 GMT 2009

Op Wednesday 4 November 2009 05:18 schreef u:
> Well, we can at least host our own instance of it, which means that if we move
> off of it onto something else that we should be able to get to our data, which
> I think is the bigger concern over being "free-as-in-beer". At least, that's
> how I feel about it.

Sure, I consider that important too. From what I've seen is that converters usually do a great job for 80% of the data. But that 20% can be problematic and result in a no-go. But there are also some corner cases, like the inability to convert/use the old passwords for users, which is pretty likely. We have to decide if the advantages of any new system beat that rather big disadvantage.

Redmine has a bz2redmine converter. I'm a bit sceptical Redmine can deal with the amount of bugs we have, but just for the fun of it, I'm planning to see if it would be capable of handling it. Nothing on short-term though.

And with the arrival of the new drkonqi any possible transition has become a lot harder, as it depends on the presence of a bugzilla installation.

Best,

Toma