Bugreporting barrier is too low with the new Dr. Konqi

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:45:46 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 13:17, John Tapsell <johnflux at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the case of a duplicate bug report, it would be nice to immediately
> tell the user
>
> 1) Whether it is already fixed.
> 2) Which release of KDE will have the fix
> 3) Possible workarounds
>
> I'm not sure which of these are actually possible with bugzilla.

Good points.

I think the easiest way to implement this is to create a layer between
DrKonqi and bugzilla. A database where all backtraces are sent to, good
duplication searching can get implemented, additional information (needed
for those points) can get added - and for real bugs a bugzilla entry
can be created.

This would require manual backtrace triaging too - but can be done in
a specialized,
optimized (web-?) application.

Think of it like the brainstorm forum.

Niko