overhaul of some kcm appearance

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Mar 15 09:47:48 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:00:02AM +0100, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Saturday 14 March 2009 20:48:20 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > which part of "plasma" in "libplasma" exactly does not suggest that
> > it was put into kdelibs for the convenience of developing plasma
> > applications?
>
> Read Amarok's source code, as a prominent example. Valid or not by
> your definition of a "plasma application".

well, if they can make good use of bigger parts of the lib, then the
better - for them. this doesn't change the principle, though.

> > if it wasn't meant that way, then something went thoroughly wrong.
> > [...]
>
> This is not constructive anymore and offensive to some people.

i'm sorry for you that you seemingly don't understand the merit of this
criticism. i in turn find it inconstructive that you are trying to shut
it down by pulling the "be-nice" card.

> You provide exactly no exact information.

i'm assuming that everyone understands the cost of loading big libraries
with cold disk caches. if you still don't see my point with this
background, then i can't help you.