overhaul of some kcm appearance

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 9 20:30:59 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> There are some Kcontrol modules that shows a little preview of a tiny
> monitor. now it's done by rendering a particular png in workspace/kcontrol
> and the tiny wallpaper into it.
> it was fine some time ago, but now monitors have often different ratios or
> they can rotate producing an even weirder ratio
> so stretching that picture can look really bad.
> in plasma we solved that issue in the wallpaper settings dialog using the
> same method of the applets backgrounds, with FrameSvg, that paints composed
> svgs that looks good in any aspect ratio.
> i've done a tiny library in workspace/libs/screenpreviewwidget that is used
> to paint this preview widget (and doesn't install header since is useful
> just to workspace), and adapted the screensaver andthe kdm kcontrol modules
> to use this library

Does this have to be a separate library ? Can you integrate into one of the
bigger libs ?
This would make using it easier (i.e. it would avoid one additional library to
be installed/found by cmake/built separately under gentoo/with separate
KDE4WORKSPACE_SCREENPREVIEWWIDGET_INCLUDE_DIR and
KDE4WORKSPACE_SCREENPREVIEWWIDGET_LIBRARY variables).

Alex