enhance KRecentFilesAction with a ui action to remove entries

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Mar 9 09:22:42 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 21:39:59 Christoph Pfister wrote:
> 2009/3/8 Parker Coates <parker.coates at gmail.com>:
> > I am somewhat concerned with the text chosen for the action. I see
> > there being the possibility that the word "remove" could be
> > interpreted as "delete" in this context. I'm also not sure the word
> > "entries" has any real meaning to your average user. I don't
> > necessarily have a better suggestion, though. Perhaps "Clear recent
> > files list"?
>
> "Clear list"?

"Clear above list" or "Clear this list"?

And BTW: What about using the edit-clear-list or edit-clear-history icons?
IMO that would make the item stand out better.

> > I also don't love that the clear action is still shown when the list
> > in empty. Shouldn't we be able to add a check to "addUrl()" to detect
> > if we're adding the first entry to the list and insert the clear
> > action then? Likewise add a check to "setClearActionEnabled()" to only
> > add the clear action if the list isn't empty and a check to removeUrl
> > to hide the clear action when the list is empty.

Good point.

I would also like to see the possibility to remove single entries via their
context menu.  It's not really an important feature, but one of those nice "it
actually works as expected" thingies.

Ciao,
  Hans