Accelerators missing from dialogs in KDE 4.3

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 29 22:50:34 BST 2009

A Dilluns, 29 de juny de 2009, Andreas Pakulat va escriure:
> On 29.06.09 12:19:18, David Faure wrote:
> > On Friday 05 June 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Apart from that this is actually not the purpose (and never has been)
> > > of KAcceleratorManager - at least not in the way it used right now. The
> > > purpose was to use this during development to easily find good
> > > accelerator keys and then assign them in code/ui files.
> >
> > Did coolo confirm that? Because it doesn't match what I remember from
> > kde3 times. I distinctly remember that the goal was to have it done
> > automatically when no accels were specified by the app developer
> > explicitely.
>
> Well, that was what I gathered from the commits and source code, when it
> was broken some time ago and fixed by Albert. There's a comment in the code
> that activates the auto-assignment that suggests it wasn't meant to be used
> during runtime, but during development to find good accelerators.
>
> Can't find the commits easily at the moment and neither remember the code
> file where the comment was.

Stephan, can you clarify if the goal for KAcceleratorManager automatic
accelerator assignment was:
 a) have it done automatically when no accels were specified by the app
developer explicitely and so should be always enabled
 b) have a translators/developers tool but KAcceleratorManager automatic
accelerator assignment should be generally disabled

Albert