Repositioning the KDE brand

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 17:28:40 BST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> So we're going to market KDE as the community, and they create 3
> intertwined products: the KDE platform; and build upon it the KDE
> Workspace and the KDE Application suites.

.. and an important part of the messaging (because it is a strength and a
focus point of KDE, as Olivier points out) will continue to be the integration
of these three.

e.g.:

"you can run KWrite on Windows and it works great there as a stand-alone
application. but it absolutely shines when you use it with dolphin for file
annotations or inside of kdevelop as a full IDE. for the full experience, you
want to be running it in a full KDE desktop environment."

obviously that's not a marketing slogan ;) but it's the message i think we
should be putting out there.

it gets people to try the pieces that appeal to them most in the way they are
most comfortable. as we build relationship with them through the products, we
can slowly but surely increase the number of KDE software they use. :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se