Repositioning the KDE brand

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jun 23 19:57:08 BST 2009

On Tuesday 23 of June 2009, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> And what about the "KDE desktop"?
> You know, the integrated desktop where all the application are well
> integrated into eachother, that follows the sames guidelines and the same
> UI.
>
> I think this was one of the strenght of KDE.
> And I feel from the document like we don't want to market that anymore.

 That's what the document refers to as "KDE Workspace". And it can be still
the marketing message for it - "Like KDE apps? They'll be even better when
run in the KDE Workspace!"

 Speaking of which, from the document:

"KDE applications use the KDE platform as a toolkit and to integrate with
desktop standards, so they can be run on various desktop implementations, be
it GNOME, Windows, or MacOS."

 Or, of course, the KDE Workspace :) ?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz