kdelibs/kdecore MAINTANERS files

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 16 07:08:42 BST 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 6:58:38 am John Layt wrote:
> I needed a brain-dead time filler, and inspired by Lydia's 'Unloved'
> clean-up and the need to add my own name I decided to take a look at the
> kdelibs/kdecore/MAINTAINERS file.  And boy was it out-of-date, it appears
> not to have been cleaned-up since 3.5?  I've basically deleted all the
> files listed and replaced them with a current file listing, then matched it
> back to the named maintainers for the old list.  See commit 997462 for the
> result.

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Maintainers may be some help.

Games were among the first applications to convert to KDE 4 and Qt 4 and
the KDE Games guys, myself included, had to have a huge cleanup and make
some hard decisions about which games to keep, rewrite, put in playground
or send to tags/unmaintained.

Even in the table referred to above, some lines are out of date already,
although the last update is quite recent.  The facts of life are that many
developers/maintainers come and go and do not stay long, certainly not
long compared with the lifetime of an application or a library module.  Of
course, people are volunteers and usually have a good reason to depart,
such as study, exams, a new job, a relocation ... but I sometimes wonder
if there are unstated reasons.

All the best, Ian W.