Fate vs Bugzilla for feature tracking

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Fri Jan 23 07:24:08 GMT 2009

Am Freitag, 23. Januar 2009 04:40:01 schrieb Matt Rogers:
> It's not FOSS, ergo, we can't use it. It's as simple as that. That makes
> _any_ discussion about launchpad premature until it becomes FOSS. They've
> been saying they'll open launchpad for years now, and it hasn't happened.

That's a noble stance, but let's not forget that there are several well-known
services around KDE whose owners have promised _for years_ to open-source it
and nothing has happened so far.
Such statements can backfire quickly and give us bad PR, so while I'm not
happy with the slowness of Canonical, we have our own share of issues in that
regard and we should solve them first before doing finger-pointing.

Josef