Fate vs Bugzilla for feature tracking

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 23:18:40 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 11:07:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hello =)
>
> after a few weeks of (patient :) consultation with the Suse team working on
> Fate, i just blogged about the possibility of using Fate for feature
> tracking in KDE. you can read about it here:
>
> 	http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/do-you-believe-in-fate.html
>
> so i won't bother repeating it all over again in this email.
>
> it would be good if we could discuss this issue. i'm not really convinced
> personally about whether Fate is The Solution for us or not, but i'm also
> really unsatisfied with Bugzilla-as-feature-coordinator.
>
> discuss! =)

I have yet to see anything concrete from you (or anybody else except lemma)
regarding things that would make Bugzilla easier for them or their group
(other than your s/wishlist/feature request/ priority change that i royally
screwed up and have yet to redo). If you know what you want, I can make it
happen, we don't have to worry about another system, everybody's happy.

Bugzilla 3.x and later have a few more features that we're not taking
advantage. For those people that want an overview of the new features, please
let me know, and I can find you on IRC and walk you through them. Perhaps some
of the issues are already covered.

I am interested in actively making bugzilla better for us, provided that
people actually tell me (via the bugs.kde.org product on b.k.o or via email)
--
Matt