tags/kdesupport-for-4.2

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Jan 4 12:21:37 GMT 2009

Op Sunday 04 January 2009 12:35 schreef u:
> Maybe it's necessary to restate that kdesupport is not meant to be the
> permanent home for "thirdparty" libraries needed by KDE. At least in
> the past is was the temporary home for "thirdparty" libraries that were
> not yet included in the major distributions so that KDE developers did
> not have to update those libraries from different locations. Has this
> changed?

I think we can safely say this has changed yes. It seems to be a permanent home for projects which are developed by KDE developers. Which is fine in my opinion.

> FWIW, akonadi will be moved to freedesktop.org as soon as the project is
> approved (which hopefully still happens this millennium :-/ ).

Haha. Yes, you can have dreams ;-) After the project is created we need all developers to have an account, if that takes another year we can safely assume freedesktop is not a place where you can efficiently work, it would be madness to move (personal opinion here)...

Toma