tags/kdesupport-for-4.2

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 12:09:30 GMT 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009, Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In preparation of the release of 4.2.0, I've created the
> tags/kdesupport-for-4.2. This tag of kdesupport should be used when you
> compile the 4.2 branch in the future.  Trunk's version of kdesupport should
> be used to compile KDE trunk (which would be KDE 4.3.0).
>
> At least Akonadi will probably commit some KDE 4.2.x incompatible changes
> in kdesupport trunk as soon as KDE 4.2 is branched.
>
> Request to all kdesupport maintainers: add the version of your software
> into that tag soon please.
>
> Toma

Another request to all kdesupport maintainers:
KDE 4.2 will require CMake 2.6.2.

The different projects in kdesupport require different versions of CMake:

CMake 2.4.5: qca
             kdewin-installer
             akonadi
             automoc
             eigen2/bench/btl/

CMake 2.6.2: kdewin32

All others require CMake 2.6.0.

It would make it easier for us, if all the projects in kdesupport also would
require CMake 2.6.2, then the same features we can use in KDE can be used
also in kdesupport.
Right now this is harder, since one always has to take care in which project
of kdesupport you are editing and if you are allowed to use cmake 2.6 feature
there or not. This will probably also introduce breakges from time to time if
somebody adds something which requires 2.6.2 while the project says the
minimum version is 2.4.5.

So, if you think it's a good idea, please upgrade your minimum required
version to 2.6.2.

My guess is that it might be ok for the 2.6.0 projects to upgrade to 2.6.2,
but I think the respective maintainers have to do this.

Alex