Qt-Copy checkout problem on windows

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Feb 15 21:11:36 GMT 2009

Ralf Habacker wrote:
>Because qt snapshots tarballs contains only the upper case name i
>suggest to move all files from the lower case subdirectory into the
>upper case directory. If noone objects I would perform this change in
> svn.

Don't. That breaks the build. Qt snapshot tarballs contain both.

The setup is correct:

phonon/lowercasename.h
Phonon/UpperCaseName

I spent a lot of time trying to find the proper fix for this problem that
we created by shipping a lowercase 'p' in Qt 4.4.0. On systems where the
filesystem is case-insensitive, the two directories are one and the same.
This works for syncqt (the Perl script that creates them), as well as zips
and tarballs.

So this solution works just fine -- as long as SVN isn't involved. We did
not take SVN into account when creating the solution. (SVN wants to create
a subdir .svn in each subdir and that's the problem; Git doesn't do that,
so it works)

Can you please just not check out the 'include' dir, completely?

Or, better yet, people should start using the Git repository of the Qt
snapshot. We'll soon have an open repository with Git and learning it
would be ideal.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358