Qt-Copy checkout problem on windows

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 19:03:54 GMT 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Or, better yet, people should start using the Git repository of the Qt
> snapshot. We'll soon have an open repository with Git and learning it
> would be ideal.

Using git does not solve the problem.

I've cloned on Windows git://labs.trolltech.com/qt/snapshot/4.5

Cleaning up and checking out gives an untracked directory:
git clean -df
git checkout -f
git status -> include/Phonon/private is NOT tracked by git,
               but there should be not untracked files

And cleaning deletes tracked files
git clean -df
git status  -> shows the private files as deleted,
                but clean -df should not delete tracked files

(tested with cygwin and mingw git)

The solution for me was to delete locally .git and to start over with a new
git repository.

Peter