KDE/kdebase/workspace/ksmserver

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Feb 9 09:42:49 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:31:08AM +0100, Dario Freddi wrote:
> First of all, I'd like a more friendlier tone here.

sorry dude, but to me, your two commits read like that:
- you have no clue how to do it right. fair enough.
- but you are too lazy to find out who could help you and approve the
  patch
- and you don't really care for his opinion anyway
i find that quite offensive without even being the maintainer.

> There are other issues. If you look at my patch, I emit that signal
> right when logout() is called.

yes. and no cancellation event when the user presses escape.

> Before it actually logs out, ksm triggers a session saving event,

and what is the problem with it, given that this seems to be the actual
solution?

> a knotify event to play the logout sound, etc.

certainly not before the first round of session shutdown has been
completed. but i'm sure lubos (Seli on irc) can tell you the details.