Freeze exemption for PA integration into Phonon

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Dec 5 20:08:49 GMT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Lübking at 05/12/09 15:29 did gyre and gimble:
> If QtPhonon is the "right" one, phonon should be moved out of kdesupport (as
> Qt is mandantory anyway) and the backends should just compile against the Qt
> phonon. <bash>as gstreamer is no option at all</bash>

I don't know if you've been following but gstreamer backend has had some
attention in kdesupport of late.

I only use Xine backedn when testing I've not broken something but
generally use gstreamer for when I'm actually using my desktop and it
Works fine for my use cases (which are not all that extreme to be fair).

Xine isn't a realistic option going forward either, but I accept that
gstreamer hasn't had as much love as it should, which is sad as from a
purely "what it's designed for" perspective, it should be the ideal
system... such is life.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie