Freeze exemption for PA integration into Phonon

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sat Dec 5 16:40:06 GMT 2009

Am Saturday 05 December 2009 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> My understanding is that Phonon is a shared lib so you don't need it at
>  build time.
> The interfaces are source and binary compatible so QtWebKit can safely use
>  the headers of the Qt sources during build.
Looking at WebCore.pro, it does (still) not appear as if phonon support would
be compiled /at all/ in if you don't pass -phonon

contains(DEFINES, ENABLE_VIDEO=1)

which is itself 0 due to

contains(QT_CONFIG, phonon):DEFINES += ENABLE_VIDEO=1
else:DEFINES += ENABLE_VIDEO=0

still you'd not have Qt phonon support w/o compiling Qt with phonon support,
yesno?
(or does Qt (meanwhile?) detect the system phonon and weirdly adds support if
you explicitly added -no-phonon?!?)

>  The runtime linker will then
>  resolve the symbols by taking the library built from kdesupport.
If i move libQtPhonon out of the way, yes.

So the suggested way is to:
- compile Qt with -phonon
- compile kdesupport including phonon
- prefix kdesupport phonon to QTDIR, having it override the Qt variant
or
- replace QtPhonon with symlinks to kdesupport phonon (BC is guaranteed in
either way)
- compile KDE

Thomas