Nepomuk as hard dependency in future?

David Nadlinger david.nadlinger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:30:52 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Alexis Ménard <menard at kde.org> wrote:
> :(
>
> Rha again dependencies that we will need to compile by hand on embedded
> platform like maemo. They don't ship redland, neither raptor packages...
>
> But it's nice for desktop though...

That's true, but we don't really have much of a choice for 4.4, do we?
I would guess that the release is already to close to safely start
patching kdepim, even if it was fearsible (I honestly do not really
know enough about kdepim to comment on that)…

Personally, I really like the trend towards more and better integrated
semantic desktop features, but I think KDE should be able to degrade
gracefully if the user does not want this features – even for desktop
applications, I hear people complaining about increased system
requirements quite often.

David