situation with window decorations

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Aug 28 20:28:50 BST 2009

A Sexta, 28 de Agosto de 2009 19:57:53 Thomas Lübking você escreveu:
> Am Friday 28 August 2009 schrieb Nuno Pinheiro:
> > A Sexta, 28 de Agosto de 2009 17:22:31 Thomas Lübking você escreveu:
> > >
> > > While i totally agree on the need of an (optionally) colorable window
> > > frame (to separate windows and stress the active one) i must agree with
> > > Nuno on this either:
> > > The Ozone solution for this... "has a lot of space for visual
> > > improvement" (to avoid saying "is ugly")
> > >
> > > The reason is that in difference to other "traditional" decos the
> > > coloring (tinting) looks entirely out-of-place.
> > >
> > > (And as just bashing is bad):
> > > I would suggest* a colored frame that connects to a colored "inlay"
> > > around the label - this way it'd be more like an accessoire - and less
> > > like a color bug.
> >
> > mock mock???
>
> attached. maybe with also concave corners, but then i'd code - mocking is
> really a hard job ;-)

can't say i like this very much  but..... i could live with it. its better
that what we have in oxygen for non acel systems...

> > * and I wonder how can aprox 97% of the world live without this feature,
> > xp vista and windows 7 don't have it, mac does not have it. gnome i don't
> > think they have it....
>
> what feature?
>
> - unified look?
> well, at least apple has (in a way and depending on the version =)
>
> - a colored deco?
> was common to /all/ windows versions up to vista.

was far from trivial to change in default theme in XP not even sure you could

> the metacity colors maybe "hardcoded" but you get different schemes and
> iirc all DEs provided /some/ way to distinct the active window and frame
> windows for separation -

just a reminder the bug is "i want the windeco to be colorable"

> though luna (WinXP) was a little bit overhead ;-)
> apple is again in advance, as they can change the color of the whole window
> for all apps and just really rely on composition

oo we can do this, I would be ok with this, we proposed this, but was not
accepted, :(

--
Oxygen coordinator