situation with window decorations

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Aug 27 23:32:01 BST 2009

A Quinta, 27 de Agosto de 2009 23:14:11 Matthew Woehlke você escreveu:
> Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> > A Quinta, 27 de Agosto de 2009 22:52:09 Matthew Woehlke você escreveu:
> >> [...] that sizing bug *must* be fixed.
> >
> > it was reverted seconds ago, its a mix bug between us and kwin, and we
> > should actually implement the feature its a very good feature
>
> Ah, thanks.
>
> To be clear, I don't object¹ to making the grab area bigger (that was
> the original objective, I think?). The problem is having 1 px
> transparent borders around all my windows with kwin adjusting sizes as
> if something is there... especially for maximized windows.

its an obvious bug I'm not in trunk so i did not notice it, i think Long
expected some one else to fix it :) since he did the oxygen part... but I
might be wrong.

> So if there is a way to make kwin size windows properly but keep the
> other, intended effects of that patch, that should be fine. And I really
> think there /ought/ to be a way (as in, if it's not possible yet, it's
> something that should be added to kwin), since it would also benefit
> styles besides Oxygen.

yeap its totally doable its mostly a mater of adjusting the snapping point in
kwin, kinda of a pity it didn't got implemented, as its a totally invisible to
the user feature that just works, and saves us some space precious vertical
space in the windeco,   but i will keep asking ;) it will get done.

--
Oxygen coordinator