situation with window decorations

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 27 23:14:11 BST 2009

Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> A Quinta, 27 de Agosto de 2009 22:52:09 Matthew Woehlke você escreveu:
>> [...] that sizing bug *must* be fixed.
>
> it was reverted seconds ago, its a mix bug between us and kwin, and we should
> actually implement the feature its a very good feature

Ah, thanks.

To be clear, I don't object¹ to making the grab area bigger (that was
the original objective, I think?). The problem is having 1 px
transparent borders around all my windows with kwin adjusting sizes as
if something is there... especially for maximized windows.

So if there is a way to make kwin size windows properly but keep the
other, intended effects of that patch, that should be fine. And I really
think there /ought/ to be a way (as in, if it's not possible yet, it's
something that should be added to kwin), since it would also benefit
styles besides Oxygen.

(¹ ...or am not aware that I do; in fairness I switched too quickly to
have a firm opinion, but offhand I don't see an issue.)

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)