situation with window decorations

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 27 22:52:09 BST 2009

Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> A Quinta, 27 de Agosto de 2009 21:43:42 Matthew Woehlke vocĂȘ escreveu:
>> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>>> let's leave ultimatums out of it until we have an actual impasse.
>> From past experience, I can tell you that won't take long. Various
>> people have been trying to get Oxygen to accept just the non-blended
>> title bars since before 4.0...
> and  in the end you guys won ozone was default and you can paint the windeco
> in a different color from the window itself, i have explain this over and over
> again its fundamentally wrong as the basic design of oxygen goes, its a fine
> option but its not oxygen.
> if you remember correctly you will remember that there was never an unanimous
> opinion about it several people took one side and others took another. there
> are bugs in bowth directions. In the end the kwin maintainer decided.
>
> I find it extremely unfair to say that we don't accept input its a lie and you
> know it Matthew Woehlke,

I didn't; I said that the historical situation has been that Ozone and
Oxygen have had irreconcilable differences. If that's changed, I will
happily stand corrected.

My viewpoint is simply that getting down to only one style seems
unlikely unless Oxygen accepts the "don't blend titlebar color with
window contents" option...

> the only thing I wont accept is the current implementation of the
> "color my windeco"

...which right here, you say again that you oppose. And that was my
point. Though in fairness, it's for you and Lubos to fight over.
Personally...

> as oxygen the stripes and the active glow are tries to tackle that
> issue.

...I find the colored edges an acceptable solution. Prior to the sizing
bug I'd even switched back to Oxygen... that sizing bug *must* be fixed.

With that fixed, /I/ am okay with merging everything back down to one
decoration, but Lubos has historically felt very strongly about the
"color my windeco" (as you put it) option.

Personally I think the best solution would be to include that, but have
it off by default.

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)