Reminder: KDE 4.3.1 Changelog

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Aug 23 21:44:29 BST 2009

A Diumenge, 23 d'agost de 2009, Martin Koller va escriure:
> On Sunday 23 August 2009, Eike Hein wrote:
> > Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> > > where exactly? I did not find it. Sorry if its a stupid question.
> >
> > Here:
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/changelogs/
> >
> > The first guy who adds his stuff will have to make
> > a new changelog_branch_4_3.xml, using the existing
> > changelog_branch_4_2.xml as a template.
> >
> > create_changelog.rb then generates the .php from
> > the .xml.

Not true, the php file is generated using xsltproc see the DOCS file for more
info

> I just created the file.

And you did it wrong, forgot a closing </module> ;-)

> However, I ask myself: This seems to be a pretty tough job for a lot of
> people to enter information which is already in SVN.
> Can't this process be automated ?
> I mean: generate the content from the commit logs ?

Been discussed lots of times the changelog needs to be somewhat Joe User
readable and mostly our commits are not.

Albert