trunk

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Wed Apr 29 15:37:02 BST 2009

Am Wednesday 29 April 2009 06:53:46 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> On 4/29/09, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> > the event loop before setting the window size. The GUI initialization
> > (window size and widget layout) should be finished before the single shot
> > timer call.
>
> I moved the code. It should now be fixed for good.

Confirmed, the window starts with saved size now. Thanks.

> > Yep, this needs clarification. My position is that these icons are
> > like "buttons", where you click on them to get to a different page. So
> > keeping them "pressed", when you return, looks unusual. But maybe it is
> > just me...
>
> Unfortunately I am still seeking a response from #kde-usability at
> this time. I will implement this as soon as I have a response.

Isn't really a blocker, that can be changed during the alpha/beta phase.

> >> If it is possible, then I can't see it. As a result I introduced
> >> multiple toolbars.
> >
> > Ah yes, I see that you hide actions. Don't know if just disabling them
> > isn't enough.
>
> Disabling them leaves clutter, so views wouldn't be able to use the
> toolbar for other things.
> I have now ( thanks to the plugable actions list suggestion ) fixed this.

Cool, you are a fast bug fixer :)

> I believe I have resolved all issues now, so will move in tomorrow (
> 24 hours time ) if no one has any objections.

No objections from my side. Compiles without warnings on GCC 4.4, zero EBN
issues, GUI regressions fixed, tree view restored ;)

Now we should look what to do at bugs.kde.org. We used to have both kcontrol
and systemsettings products. I am not sure if they can be merged. Many bug
reports are actually about the individual modules, not the kcontrol app
itself.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)