trunk

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 05:53:46 BST 2009

On 4/29/09, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> Am Tuesday 28 April 2009 07:12:09 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
>> I am using the "show early, finish loading later" trick. I have fixed
>> the issue now.
>
> Sorry, it is not fixed. I looked at the patch, and you still return to the
> event loop before setting the window size. The GUI initialization (window
> size and widget layout) should be finished before the single shot timer
> call.
I moved the code. It should now be fixed for good.

>> I am going to ask on #kde-usability before committing, already
>> implemented on my localhost however. I have no objections to this.
>
> Yep, this needs clarification. My position is that these icons are
> like "buttons", where you click on them to get to a different page. So
> keeping them "pressed", when you return, looks unusual. But maybe it is just
> me...
Unfortunately I am still seeking a response from #kde-usability at
this time. I will implement this as soon as I have a response.

>> If it is possible, then I can't see it. As a result I introduced
>> multiple toolbars.
>
> Ah yes, I see that you hide actions. Don't know if just disabling them isn't
> enough.
Disabling them leaves clutter, so views wouldn't be able to use the
toolbar for other things.
I have now ( thanks to the plugable actions list suggestion ) fixed this.

>> I think I have fixed it now.
>
> Nice :)

I believe I have resolved all issues now, so will move in tomorrow (
24 hours time ) if no one has any objections.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley.