External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 17 22:26:17 BST 2008

On 17.09.08 23:13:10, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Thomas Schaap wrote:
> >I run KDE 4 from SNV trunk. During my daily update-and-compile round I
> >found today that someone added an external SVN item in
> >kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib. Normally, this is no
> >problem. However, it seems this external was retrieved over https. As
> >far as I know, I don't have access to the KDE SVN over https, only over
> >svn+ssh. Is there a way for me to fix this? Or should the external be
> > fixed?
>
> Can we please find a solution without svn:externals?
>
> This is duplicating code. Move it to a library.
>
> You know my position: zero svn:externals. I'm using git-svn and I hate
> them. And if we want to use Git, we WILL have to get rid of them,
> completely and utterly. We should be cleaning up the ones we have, not
> adding more.

How do you suggest to solve the following:

- a widget class thats not exported because its in kdelibs/kate and its
  not ready to be exposed (as in kate devs and our developer that works
  on it are not ready to guarantee BC. But the same widget is needed
  for a plugin in kdevplatform.
- a code-generator provides a memory pool for the AST nodes, but
  kdevelop doesn't want to force everybody to compile that
  playground-generator. So it includes pre-generated code, but still
  needs the headers for the memory pool. Copying the headers would
  mean real code-duplication, so its an external. OTOH the generator
  should not depend on kdevelop.

Andreas

--
You should go home.