External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 22:40:32 BST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 23:26:17 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.09.08 23:13:10, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > >I run KDE 4 from SNV trunk. During my daily update-and-compile round I
> > >found today that someone added an external SVN item in
> > >kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib. Normally, this is no
> > >problem. However, it seems this external was retrieved over https. As
> > >far as I know, I don't have access to the KDE SVN over https, only over
> > >svn+ssh. Is there a way for me to fix this? Or should the external be
> > > fixed?
> >
> > Can we please find a solution without svn:externals?

In any case, all (preferably zero) externals should use svn://anonsvn.kde.org/
because *everyone* can access them. Using any other scheme, https or ssh+svn,
means that only people with that kind of access (remember, svn.kde.org doesn't
offer anonymous access at all) can even check out successfully.

For Thomas Schaap, the answer is to fix the external.

[ade]