External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 22:13:10 BST 2008

Thomas Schaap wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I run KDE 4 from SNV trunk. During my daily update-and-compile round I
>found today that someone added an external SVN item in
>kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib. Normally, this is no
>problem. However, it seems this external was retrieved over https. As
>far as I know, I don't have access to the KDE SVN over https, only over
>svn+ssh. Is there a way for me to fix this? Or should the external be
> fixed?

Can we please find a solution without svn:externals?

This is duplicating code. Move it to a library.

You know my position: zero svn:externals. I'm using git-svn and I hate
them. And if we want to use Git, we WILL have to get rid of them,
completely and utterly. We should be cleaning up the ones we have, not
adding more.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358