Change release schedule 4.2 and schedule for 4.3

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:58:42 BST 2008

At this point of development I do prefer keep 4.2 scheduled as originally
planned or if needed make it longer, never make it shorter. Everyone has
their own preferences but at this point I am sure some projects (akonadi
above for instance) have very much already planned for the original 4.2
schedule.

I think making 4.3  5 months or 9 months release is wiser (I'd advocate for
5m to try not to screw up the 6m cycle) .

we need a feature freeze period for schedules changes :P

As for the Qt/KDE alignment, with 6months/9months releases cycles , aren't
we able to use Qt trunk at least half of the releases ?

--
Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST